Why Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation?
Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation helps keep homes and your building structure warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Because it is sprayed directly into the gaps, cracks and other surfaces that contribute to heat loss, it both insulates and air seals, offering one of the easiest and most effective ways of weatherizing existing homes and new construction spray polyurethane foam can help following way
Save on electric bills
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates (for all insulation) that homeowners who air seal and insulate their homes can save up to 20% of heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% total energy costs).
- SPF resists heat transfer better than many other insulation materials, with R-values typically in the range of 3.5 - 6.5 per one inch of thickness. R-value is a term used to rate an insulation's ability to resist conductive heat transfer. The higher the R-value, the more effective the insulation's ability is to reduce conductive heat flow.
- Because SPF insulation minimizes air infiltration, it assists in preventing moisture vapor from entering and escaping the home, which in turn reduces the load on heating and cooling systems.
Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
Reduce air conditioning size
- HVAC sizing can be reduced as much as 35% without the loss of efficiency and comfort.
Reduce noise and increase comfort
- SPF is an effective air barrier.
- SPF is commonly used to prevent drafts from windows, doors, attics and floor boards creating a more comfortable indoor environment.
- SPF helps minimize air-borne sound transmission.
Impede entry of insects and pests
- Sealing gaps with SPF from the outside provides a barrier against insects and other pests.
Minimize air infiltration that can generate condensation and result in mold growth
- Moisture and humidity inside the home can lead to mold growth. Gaps and cracks in the building structure and condensation on windows can keep the humidity high and support mold and mildew growth. Left unchecked, mold and mildew can cause wood to rot. Air sealing the gaps between the attic and living space can help manage moisture and humidity issues.
Seal small cracks to insulate large areas, such as walls and roofs
- Because SPF is spray-applied on site, it can more easily insulate and seal the small cracks common in homes. The application also makes expansive surfaces - like walls, attics and roofs - easy to cover in a relatively short amount of time.
- Resist settling due to its general stability
- Typically not imperiled to structural deterioration or decomposition and resists settling.
Qualify for green certification
- For new construction or major remodel projects, the use of SPF may help earn energy-efficiency credits under residential green certification programs.
Elastospray spray foam is a closed cell rigid polyurethane foam. This is by an exothermic reaction between an isocyanate and polyol component. At the end of th reaction face, the foam begins to solidity & cure. The field of application covers virtually all areas of flat pitched roof, ceiling, walls & floor.
Climate change is one of the major industrial challenge of our time. It is clear to everyone today that there is a finite limit to fossil fuel sources. Faces with this facts, various concepts and strategies for sustainable protection of the environment and climate.
In line with Kyoto Protocal, an international agreement formulated to curm greenhouse gas emissions. That’s why architects, engineers and property developers around the world are looking beyond traditional solutions to meet increasingly critical energy Performance, environmental and cost-saving demands. Cause of super insulating performance with excellent physical properties. BASF PU Foam make for more energy efficiency building and more comfortable environments for their inhabitants.
- Residential Building Roof
- Commercial Building Roof
- Residential & Commercial exterior wall
- Residential & commercial interior wall
- Ceiling of building
- Steel structure roof
- Produces a seamless insulating layer with no joints or gap
- Reduce energy loss due to thermal bridge
- Maximum insulating performance at minimum thickness
- Have ability to insulate critical inaccessible or curved areas without any problem
- Excellent adhesion to the substrate
- Low material weight
- Surface will ready for use within q hour
- Superior insulating performance
- Energy saving & environmental protection
- Can not transfer heat from inside to outside & outside to inside